12 Week Group
Wednesdays from 7-8pm in Middletown, NY
Starts September 21st
Ages 25 & Up / All Genders Welcome
Led by Sharon Mohan, MHC-LP, CDWF
Life moves so quickly and throws so much at us. It can feel nearly impossible to face the hard things with courage, and to open our hearts up enough for the joy and compassion to really sink in.
It can be easy to become swept up in the momentum while life is storming by, and one day wake up feeling out of control and in desperate need for a course correction.
This group will invite you to examine the thoughts, emotions, and behaviors that keep you stuck and help to strengthen skills to quiet your inner critic, embrace your imperfections, and approach yourself and others with greater compassion, grace, and perhaps even humor.
Based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown, it is designed to provide a safe and supportive space for you to explore the topics of courage, values, trust, vulnerability, empathy, self-compassion, shame, shame triggers and shields, and to develop shame resilience skills and daily practices that transform the way you connect in relationships and live your most authentic and wholehearted life.
Over the course of 12 weeks, participants will:
- Re-connect with self and the area in life you feel called to change.
- Explore the things holding you back and keeping you stuck.
- Examine and cultivate healthier relationship skills.
- Re-connect to your own experience of compassion, joy, and gratitude, and help others in your life do the same.
- Disentangle and demystify shame, and learn the process of building resilience to shame.
- Build knowledge and awareness of triggers and replace unhelpful coping strategies with helpful ones.