Tuesdays from 6:30pm-7:45pm
Starting Tuesday October 12th
Led By Nutritional Counselor Ethan Shafran, MS, RDN & Eating Disorder Specialist Megan Quinn, MHC-LP
Diets and food restrictions are not sustainable, join a group of like-minded individuals to overcome toxic diet culture.
This is a 10-week small group coaching experience to help you heal your relationship with food and your body, ditch dieting for good, get back to trusting yourself around food AND enjoy the foods you actually like!
The goal behind Intuitive Eating is to stop yo-yo dieting and normalize your relationship with food. In order to do this, you must move the focus of weight loss to the back burner. Intentional weight loss challenges your ability to listen to your body and trust your body around food.
We were all born with the innate ability to be an Intuitive Eater. Diet culture such as societal expectations, body comparison, negative body image comments, and weight loss disconnects us from how we feel around food and challenges our body cues.
Intuitive Eating is a PROCESS. It does not happen overnight. It is a journey that is different for everyone, but if you stick to the process with compassion and kindness for yourself, it is POSSIBLE to heal your relationship with food and get back to living a fulfilling life without the obsession and guilt surrounding your food choices.
Ø The solution is not found in endless diets that just leave us feeling deprived, hangry, and unsatisfied.
Ø The solution lies in UNLEARNING these toxic diet culture messages that value body weight above health and well-being.
Ø The solution lies in challenging these toxic messages that cause us to fear food, obsess over the number on the scale, and over calories, points, macros, and feel guilt over all our food choices
Ø The solution lies in giving ourselves unconditional permission to eat all foods without fear, to enjoy food, to care for ourselves, and put our needs first.
Ø The solution lies in making food and activity choices from a place of self-care, not self-control.
This group is limited to a maximum of 10 individuals to allow for an intimate setting and an excellent opportunity for learning, growth, and sharing amongst other like-minded individuals.
Materials: Included are the Intuitive eating workbook and personal journal.
THIS GROUP IS FOR PEOPLE WHO:
- Have tried every diet and are tired of obsessing over food and ready to make peace with food once and for all
- Are ready to start caring for yourself and your body rather than trying to change it
- Are ready to ditch the diet rules & guilt around food and stop labeling foods as “good” and “bad”
- Feel overwhelmed and confused about what is right for YOU and YOUR body
- Are excited to get back to enjoying the foods you really love!
- Are wanting to clear out more mental and physical space for things other than food and body worries such as hobbies, fun, relationships, and more
- Are interested in Intuitive Eating (maybe you’ve read the book?) but looking for more support and accountability
- Learn from the experiences of others who are integrating the principles of intuitive eating in their lives.
- Better understand the principles of intuitive eating and how to integrate them into your own life.
- Love to learn and grow as a person!