Jessica C. Sullivan
Owner / Psychotherapist / Integrative Nutritionist
After obtaining her Master’s degree in Social Work from New York University, Jessica went on to provide counseling and psychotherapy services within the Hudson Valley area, specializing in treating anxiety and depression. Through her clinical work and her own experience, she began to recognize the immense connection between mental health and nutrition. Curious to expand her knowledge and share this with others, Jessica completed two different nutrition certifications with a unique approach to health – Nutritional Therapy and Eating Psychology.
The combination of mental health and nutrition expertise allows Jessica to offer a well-rounded, integrative approach to helping her clients meet their individual goals. Jessica is also a certified Dialectical Behavior Therapist and incorporates these evidence-based skills regularly into her sessions. Jessica constantly seeks to expand her knowledge and attends continuing education seminars frequently in order to provide the most influential and up-to-date information to her clients.
Jessica established Nourish Your Mind with the hopes of sharing her knowledge, passion and experience with others. For Jessica, the journey into the field began as a personal one when she was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition at age 16. Jessica had suffered with chronic pain, digestive issues, depression and anxiety in connection with her condition and has used the techniques that she shares with her clients to heal her body. Jessica has found balance within her physical and emotional health – despite her diagnosis. Nourish Your Mind is derived from the belief that with the proper support, knowledge and determination, YOU can do the same.
Jessica resides in Monroe, New York with her husband, Move Physio’s Dr. Justin Sullivan and her two step-sons. Outside of Nourish Your Mind, she enjoys spending time with her family, practicing yoga, traveling, reading, and experimenting in the kitchen.
Education and Certifications
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, State of New York (License # R085591)
- Master of Social Work, New York University
- Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, Nutritional Therapy Association
- Certified Mental Health Integrative Medicine Provider (CMHIMP)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Certified, Evergreen Certification Institute
- Eating Psychology Coach, Institute for the Psychology of Eating
- Level 1 Kettlebell Instructor, StrongFirst
- Nutritional Therapy Association
- National Association of Social Workers
- New York State Society for Clinical Social Work